Welcome to the Occupational Therapy Research Guide
In this guide you will find:
- The best databases to find scholarly sources (see Find Articles)
- How to format your papers and cite sources using APA style (see Citations and Plagiarism)
- How to find, evaluate, and cite tests and measures (see Find Tests and Measures)
- Useful organizations and internet research tools (see Free Research Sources)
Symptom Media Video Collection
Evidence Based Practice
EBP is a problem-solving approach to clinical decision-making within a health care organization. It integrates the best available scientific evidence with the best available experiential (patient and practitioner) evidence. EBP considers internal and external influences on practice and encourages critical thinking in the judicious application of such evidence to the care of individual patients, a patient population, or a system (Newhouse, Dearholt, Poe, Pugh, & White, 2007).
Dearholt, Sandra L., and Dang, Deborah. Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice : Models and Guidelines (2nd Edition).
Guides for EBP:
Created in 2016 by Lindsey Shively, updated 7/19/2016 by Kendall Hinesley
- Last Updated: Aug 24, 2017 2:59 PM
- URL: http://libguides.csudh.edu/OT
- Print Page