Use the library link listed below or from the CSUDH Library's Article Databases list to access the subscription version of PolicyMap.
1. Add a location by address, city, county, state, zip code, or coordinates.
2. Select a data layer from the menu at the top (i.e. Demographics, Incomes & Spending, Health, etc.).
3. In the data layer, you can also adjust settings for features like years and range.
4. Click an area on the map to see tha value for a specific area.
Note: The most specific geographic information you can find for some data is by U.S. Census Tract, but some data is only available by county, city, or state.
1. Go to the Reports tab at the top of the screen.
2. Choose a report, either a Community Profile (default), Community Health Report, Rental Housing Report, or Home Mortgage Report.
3. Enter the location, such as a state, county, city, or zip code. Note: The Community Health Report is restricted to county data.
4. Click on theGenerate the report button to view, download, or print the report.
Select the Print button in the top right corner:
1. Change the orientation of the image to Landscape or Portrait
2. Change the file type to PNG (recommended)
3. Give your image a descriptive title.
4. Check Cut out selected location(s) to focus on an area.
5. Select Export
Your image may take a moment to download to your device.
Group author/data source. (n.d.). Title of map or table including dates and location [Format]. List any additional group authors or data sources here. PolicyMap. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from https://csudh.policymap.com/
U.S. Census American Community Survey. (n.d.). Predominant racial or ethnic group between 2013-2017 in Carson, CA [Map]. PolicyMap. Retrieved May 14, 2019, from https://csudh.policymap.com/
1. Look for the source at the top of the data layer:
2. Select the source to find the full title in PolicyMap's data directory.