Use the library link listed below or from the CSUDH Library's Article Databases list to access the subscription version of PolicyMap.
1. Add a location by address, city, county, state, zip code, or coordinates.
2. Select a data layer from the menu at the top (i.e. Demographics, Incomes & Spending, Health, etc.).
3. In the data layer, you can also adjust settings for features like years and range.
4. Click an area on the map to see tha value for a specific area.
Note: The most specific geographic information you can find for some data is by U.S. Census Tract, but some data is only available by county, city, or state.
1. Go to the Reports tab at the top of the screen.
2. Choose a report, either a Community Profile (default), Community Health Report, Rental Housing Report, or Home Mortgage Report.
3. Enter the location, such as a state, county, city, or zip code. Note: The Community Health Report is restricted to county data.
4. Click on theGenerate the report button to view, download, or print the report.
Select the Print button in the top right corner:
1. Change the orientation of the image to Landscape or Portrait
2. Change the file type to PNG (recommended)
3. Give your image a descriptive title.
4. Check Cut out selected location(s) to focus on an area.
5. Select Export
Your image may take a moment to download to your device.
Data source(s). (Date Last Updated in PolicyMap). Title of map layer or table [Map of location]. List any additional data sources here. PolicyMap. https://csudh.policymap.com/
U.S. Census American Community Survey & PolicyMap. (2018). Predominant racial or ethnic group between 2013-2017 [Map of Long Beach, CA]. PolicyMap. https://csudh.policymap.com/
1. Look for the source at the top of the data layer:
2. Select the source to find the full list of data sources and date last updated in PolicyMap's data directory.